Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hey bud

Dear Emmett,

I know I haven't written in a while and I'm sorry for that. Once I went back to work, things got busy and the days got very full. Mommy came to visit you every day last week in the mornings and afternoon, and we both came to see you at night. You also got in a few visits with your Grandmothers, since your mom needed rides to the hospital.

Your nurses finally removed every last thing from your face except for your feeding tube. You had little squares of tape on your cheeks that held your oxygen tubes in place. They only removed one per day, I bet they hurt when they came off! But now we can see your shining little face unobstructed.

You've continued to regulate your body temperature, the nurses have turned your bed temperature down almost every day. You've also been eating really well, though you tend to get the hiccups a lot. We brought some clothes in for you, but I don't know if the nurses realize it yet. I'll have to let them know tomorrow. I knit you another hat since the two I had made are starting to get small. That's a good thing! It means you're growing.

I had a good visit with you tonight. You were wide awake when I arrived and very active while you ate. Of course you passed out as soon as you were done eating, but while you were awake we spend some good time together. I can tell that we're going to have a lot of fun together when you get a little older.

In matters happening outside your tiny world, we got about 8 inches of snow yesterday. Your Uncle Kyle came to our house to help shovel the driveway so I could come to see you. He and the rest of our families have been really helpful during your stay in the NICU.

I miss you and I love you,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment