Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Dear Emmett,

Now, I don't want you to get the right idea, we're not the type of parents that plan to celebrate your 15 week birthday or 17 month birthday or anything crazy like that, but I think a week old is significant. So Happy One Week Birthday my son. And what a day it was. We only made one trip to the hospital today, but we stayed for almost 5 hours. When we arrived, you had more surprises in store for us. It seems like every time we see you, there's another sign of your progress. Today you were completely off any air support, no nasal cannula, breathing only room air. Not only that, but the nurses also removed your IV! That means you're getting all your nutrition from your mother's milk. Now, the nurses told us that it's possible you might have to have the IV put back in, but with the way you've been progressing, I'm confident you can stay off it.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, so I'll only get to see you once a day during the week now, but mommy will be visiting you in the mornings. It's going to be rough not seeing you so much, but that will make the visits we do have that much sweeter.

I love you,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment